[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] db.in.ogr

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Jul 23 07:41:52 EDT 2007

Hamish wrote on 07/23/2007 11:54 AM:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> PS: Unrelated - for table only input I have added 'db.in.ogr' to GRASS
>> 6.3-CVS which imports DBF, CSV etc.
>>

> v.in.garmin:
> # "COPY table FROM 'filename.txt'" does not work for DBF and there is no
> #   db.in.ascii yet, so we use a hack...
>

> Is db.in.ogr the solution?

Yes, I think so. It reads CSV, but it must be comma separated.
Best read with .csvt file, see
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_csv.html

 "Limited type recognition can be done for Integer, Real and String
  columns through a descriptive file with same name as the CSV file, but
  .csvt extension. In a single line the types for each column have to be
  listed: double quoted and comma separated (e.g.,
  "Integer","String"). The driver will then use these types as specified
  for the csv columns.
"

Markus