[GRASS-dev] symbols

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 07:49:26 EDT 2007

> On the web site of the IT GFOSS community we have a set of symbols for
> special aplications (trees and geology):
> http://www.gfoss.it/download/
> It would be good to include in the standard QGIS and GRASS distribution,
> I believe.

They are very nice. For a long time I have wanted more symbols.

two caveats:

 - svg format: GRASS currently doesn't read SVG format, they would have to
be translated into .eps for ps.map or GRASS's vectorized icon format for else.
see the wiki page and the d.graph help page.

 - creative commons license: I'm not educated enough to read the license found
on the site, but wonder about the implications of mixing apparently non-GPL
bits in with our code.
?

see wiki page for add-on symbols:
   http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/IconSymbols