[GRASS-dev] question about any July changes in hydrology functions

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Jul 31 19:56:16 EDT 2007

Beginning sometime in the 1st half of July, we¹ve started getting some weird
artifacts in surface process models that we¹ve been developing using r.flow,
r.slop.aspect, and r.mapcalc. The results are linear zones of deposits that
seem to follow cell grid lines. This wasn¹t happening previous to early
July. We¹ve scouring our scripts and so far can¹t find anything to account
for this changed behavior. It acts like some kind of dynamic resolution
change artifact, but we are not doing anything to cause this AFAICT.

It is probably something squirrelly in our scripts that we just  haven¹t
seen. But I thought I go for a long shot and ask if there have been any
changes that might affect the behavior of r.flow or r.slope.aspect recently.
I didn¹t see anything obvious in the commit list archives, but may have
missed a library change of some kind.

Thanks
Michael
Director of Graduate Studies