[GRASS-dev] [bug #2969] can wxPython GUI handle order of options for v.type and alike?

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sat Jun 2 09:51:19 EDT 2007

Martin Landa wrote:
> 2007/5/29, Maciej Sieczka <tutey at o2.pl>:
>> $ time v.type in=mlns out=mlns_type_once
>> type=point,centroid,line,boundary
>>
>> real    6m37.459s
>> user    6m12.191s
>> sys     0m23.673s
>>

>> $ time `v.type in=mlns out=mlns_type_first type=point,centroid; v.type
>> in=mlns_type_first out=mlns_type_second type=point,centroid`

> just stupid note -- shouldn't be ?
>
> time `v.type in=mlns out=mlns_type_first type=point,centroid; v.type
> in=mlns_type_first out=mlns_type_second type=****line,boundary****`

Not a stupid question at all. Thanks for pointing out my error.

Having corrected the options I have tried again, on another machine. It
shows that "v.type type=point,centroid,line,boundary" is about 35%
faster than "v.type type=point,centroid; v.type type=line,boundary":

$ time `v.type in=mlns out=mlns_type_once
type=point,centroid,line,boundary`

real    5m43.485s
user    5m26.012s
sys     0m12.829s

$ time `v.type in=mlns out=mlns_type_first type=point,centroid; v.type
in=mlns_type_first out=mlns_type_second type=line,boundary`

real    8m42.153s
user    8m6.122s
sys     0m24.562s

In that case, I think that eventual implementation of the new v.type
scheme in GRASS 7 should be re-considered.

Maciek