[GRASS-dev] questions for compatibility

Andrea Antonello andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 04:42:18 EDT 2007

That is interesting, since that seems to give really an alpha for every
pixel. I was looking towards having alpha inside the rules in order to
have parts of the maps at different translucency.
However, if gdal creates another map for alpha, the path to persistence
will be long. I'll have to check what QGis does for this case.
In JGrass we would like to have alpha persistent and since we want to
keep compatibility with GRASS, I would really love to hear some opinions
from the developer team in order to follow their rules, instead of
changing afterwards to fix compatibility.
Any idea about what would be best?

Andrea