[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][420] v.transform pointsfile does not accept points in dd:mm:ss format

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 04:15:40 EDT 2007

> code I item #420, was opened at 2007-06-07 15:12
> Submitted By: Harri Kiiskinen (harrikoo)
..
> v.transform does not accept point coordinated given as dd:mm:ss.ss in
> the 'pointsfile' option. If the coordinates are changed into decimal,
> everything works ok.

> You can respond by visiting:
> http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=204&aid=420&group_id=21

probably it is very easy to fix this.

The module needs to call G_scan_northing() and G_scan_easting() which
will convert a coordinate string to a double. Also there is
G_scan_resolution() for scanning non-hemispheral degrees.

It looks like they should go in v.transform/get_coor.c

use for x,y,zshift command line options as well?

Hamish