[GRASS-dev] Upload/download in v.in.garmin

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 23:30:32 EDT 2007

Carlos Dávila wrote:

> In v.in.garmin dialog it can be read:
> *Upload* waypoints from gps
> *Upload* routes from gps
> *Upload* track from gps
> but
> Use gardump instead of gpstrans as the *download* program
> I think the same expression should be used in all cases (download
> IMHO).

I agree, and struggled with what to call it.

It needs to be consistent with the g.messages within:
  "Receiving track ..."
  -e "Retrieving data."

and v.in.gpsbabel also:

I am happy with standardizing on "download", but it's slightly a matter
of perspective.

Hamish

ps- hopefully these two modules can be combined one day (in another
language), with the download program given as an option list.