[GRASS-dev] correction to v.example

Juan Diego Giraldo Osorio Juan.Giraldo at upct.es
Thu Jun 14 07:12:50 EDT 2007

Hi everyone

I'm a beginner programmer in GRASS, but in the v.example code (main.c
file) I have found a little mistake in this line:

Vect_check_input_output_name ( new->answer, old->answer, GV_FATAL_EXIT );

The correct form (I think) is the next:

Vect_check_input_output_name ( old->answer, new->answer, GV_FATAL_EXIT );

Only shift "new" by "old", because the first function parameter is the
"input" file ("old") and the second funtion parameter is the "output"
file ("new").

Without this correction the error message was.

ERROR: Cannot find input map 'output_file'

I hope this message help to anothers beginners.