[GRASS-dev] d.rast.edit in wxgrass

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Jun 14 16:03:01 EDT 2007

On 6/14/07 12:28 PM, "Glynn Clements" <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

>>> The name "menuform.py" suggests that it has something to do with
>>> menus. In which case, what is:
>>>
>>>         if cmd[0][0:2] != "d.":
>>>
>>> doing in that file (specifically, in mainFrame.OnRun())?
>>
>> I don't know.
>>
>> menuform.py parses the --interface-description xml data to create a
>> properties dialog. The dialog takes the results of user choices and creates
>> a command list for processing--ulitmately by cmd.Command.
>>
>>> Even if you are determined to use that hack for the CLI, it has no
>>> utility in regard to menus.
>>
>> I just don't know if it is related to the p.mon, p.rast, etc scripts or
>> whether it can simply be removed.
>
> As a general rule, if no-one knows why something is there, then it
> shouldn't be there.

Daniel Cavelo knows. I  don't.

> It's understandable if something as old as GRASS has legacy code for
> which the reason is unknown, but wxgrass shouldn't have reached that
> point already.

Hopefully we're not creating legacy code already.

It is just that, for the first time, there is an actual team working on the
GUI. It is really nice, even if it means that I don't know the details of
certain parts of the code.

While I've done some work on the module called menuform.py, Daniel has done
the greatest amount and would know what is going on here. He seems out of
touch at the moment (as I will be next week).

Michael

Michael Barton, Professor of Anthropology and Director of Graduate Studies
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671