[GRASS-dev] question about scripting platforms

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Jun 14 17:43:27 EDT 2007

I¹m writing a paper that includes a discussion of GRASS scripting that we¹re
using to develop a suite of landscape evolution models. For that vast
audience who are MS Windows users, I was going to say that BASH shell
scripting is similar in a number of ways to using *.bat scripting in
Windows. This got me to wondering if it is possible to create a GRASS script
using a *.bat file for wingrass? I was also going to mention the option of
using a high-level scripting language like Python, and again wonder if it is
theoretically possible to also use Visual Basic to script in GRASS.

Could *.bat files and VB be used with GRASS or are there technical obstacles
to doing so?

Michael

Michael Barton, Professor of Anthropology and Director of Graduate Studies
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671