[GRASS-dev] issue tracking, rt (was: [bug #5504] (grass))

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Mar 2 04:57:51 EST 2007

On Thursday 01 March 2007 17:36, Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > On Wednesday 28 February 2007 20:03, Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> > we switched this off on Tuesday and one of Intevation's admin
> > has send an email to you on this day.
>
> I didn't receive that email. I don't use a spam filter. It must have
> get lost in between somewhere.
>
> > Registered users with manipulation rights can still open issues,
> > which I think is okay.
>
> Perfect, thanks.
>
> > We probably cannot change this anyway.
>
> No need to.
>
> > So there is a remote chance that spammers hit the right address.
> Could you explain how exactly?

I suspect that if they use a forged from address from somebody that is a
registered user, they can still send something to the tracker. I did not
checked if this is a real attack vector. The chances for this a quite low
compared to other spam hits, so I do not think we should spend much energy on
it.

Best,
Bernhard