[GRASS-dev] ps.map consolidation

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 08:36:48 EST 2007

hi,

> some ideas here:
> http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_GUI#Cartography:_GUI_front_end_for_ps.map
>

> My idea was to combine both ways, sort of like how QGIS is organized.
> blank preview page on the right side of the GUI (portrait or landscape)
> with solid black border for map box and colored dashed lines for the
> different text/legend boxes. To begin with have those drawn from map
> control placement settings, but in future you could drag those around
> to update the instructions settings (adjust box of currently selected
> instruction for overlap-proofing). In the far-future you would see low
> res preview instead of just rectangles.

I see the problem in "guessing" the box sizes. e.g. you can place the
legend box somewhere on the paper, but you can not tell, how wide and
height the box will be. That is, why I was proposing to find a
sollution, that each object of the map would be stored in separate
layer, so it could be regenerated ones the user changes some
properity.

I did something, what you are proposing allready, some months ago:
http://wwwold.fle.czu.cz/~jachym/img/grass/gpsmap-0.1.2.png but as I
said, it was hard to determine the box dimensions..

I like the rest, you are writing, nice concept. Only the list of
layers should be taken from current map display

jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com