[GRASS-dev] Google Summer of Code

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 07:06:44 EDT 2007

Frank and everyone,
I added a new project (line of sight analysis with a new algorithm -
something I would do myself if I had the time) to the GRASS SoC page and
added my name as a mentor directly to the OSGeo application.

Some of the other potential GRASS projects seem a bit suspect - e.g.
better implement PostGIS support? But IIRC we used to have this but it was
removed because it was realised it was not a good idea? Also integrating
OGR in vector library? This doesn't seem to make sense as it is already
substantially done. They would need more detail there or else should be
removed, IMHO.

Paul