[GRASS-dev] d.menu, d.ask

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Mon Mar 12 23:09:30 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 17:38 +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:
> Can d.menu, d.ask, and i.ask be removed? Nothing appears to use them
> (except each other; d.ask uses d.menu and i.ask).

I moved the few imagery modules that used it away from i.ask awhile ago.
I believe it only exists for legacy/add-on purposes.

> Apart from being an artifact of using libraster as a GUI toolkit,
> D_popup() is one of the few users of the R_panel_*() functions. The
> only other users are non-essential functionality in d.barscale and
> d.what.vect, i.ask (again), i.[v]points (which should be superseded by
> the gis.m georectifier) and i.ortho.photo (which has replaced v.digit
> as the primary obstacle to a decent graphics architecture).

IIRC, i.[v]points are hanging around because they haven't been
incorporated into i.ortho.photo.  Maybe keep them in the tree, modify
the top level TODO, but remove them from the Makefile until they get
integrated?  I know it already exists in the TODO, but it would be nice
to note why they no longer work.

I'm well on my way to doing this, but my implementation makes use of
BLAS/LAPACK.  Maybe this won't be such an issue anymore, now that I've
managed to get BLAS/LAPACK working correctly with gcc4+.  However, other
issues remain.  I can tackle some of these problems if there is someone
else willing to help with the GUI coding (I don't know my way around
Tcl/Python as well as I should).

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                    KB8UYR/6
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785