[GRASS-dev] McAfee Security Center 7.2 breaks mon.select

cheg01 at comcast.net cheg01 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 13 10:40:58 EDT 2007

I am running grass 6.2.1 on Cygwin/Windows XP. Everything was fine while I was running Norton Antivirus but ithen I installed the newest McAfee security suite and 'd.mon' stopped working. 'mon.start' works to create the window but XDRIVER.exe hangs on 'mon.select' and will not accept connections. I get the following error message:

Socket is already in use or not accepting connections
Use d.mon to select a monitor
Problem selecting x0

The mon window cannot be closed until the parent window is closed.  Same thing happens on Grass 5.4. Any suggestions? Can anyone give me a brief description of how the monitor socket creation and selection works so I can take this up with McAfee? I thought it might be using some specific ports that are blocked but I don't know where to start.