[GRASS-dev] New Mac OS X application build option

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Mar 14 18:13:41 EDT 2007

Finally got the Mac OS X build option into CVS, with a little
configure/makefile help from Glynn.

To build GRASS as a Mac OS X application (exactly like my binaries,
if anyone has used those), add these options to your configure command:

--prefix=/Applications --enable-macosx-app

Since the default prefix is /usr/local and it's nearly impossible to
have multiple conditional default prefixes in configure, you should
set the prefix as above.

It's tested with OSX 10.4 and the latest Xcode.  It should work on
10.3, but it would be good to have verification of this if anyone
cares to try it.

Enjoy!

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do
if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer,
I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy