[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 timeline

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Mar 15 11:33:12 EDT 2007

Mea culpa for not having written any docmentation. My time has just been so
taken up in coding for both TclTk and wxPython to get things working, that I
haven't had the opportunity to write up *how* they work. I keep hoping that
someone using the georectification tool will write up some docs. But if not,
I will try to do so (and write up something for the profile tool too).

In the meantime, I can help you with any issues. The code is moderately well
commented at least.

Thanks to new g.transform by Glynn, residuals are calculated (shown as
forward and backward RMS error).

georectool.tcl is the module for creating the toolbar. Everything else is in
georect.tcl.

Look for lines like...

set input [open "|g.transform group=$xygroup order=$rectorder"]

...and...

runcmd "g.gisenv set=LOCATION_NAME=$loc"

... to see where GRASS code is incorporated into the GUI.

Michael

On 3/14/07 6:35 PM, "Brad Douglas" <rez at touchofmadness.com> wrote:

> Ok.  How about some documentation to go with gis.m?  It appears that
> there is an API in there.  I'm not heavily experienced with Tcl/Tk and
> having to parse the directory is going to be a real slowdown.

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671