[GRASS-dev] d.menu, d.ask

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Mar 15 13:12:59 EDT 2007

Glynn Clements wrote:

> > > or whether it's sufficient to use a sequence of d.rast.edit commands
> > > interleaved with d.zoom or g.region commands.
> >
> > sounds clunky. Maybe make use of the GRASS_REGION=";;;" enviro var and
> > write tcl "virtual" zoom controls? (&/or WIND_OVERRIDE)
>
> Well, you can't actually *zoom*, as you're editing individual cells
> (the original d.rast.edit generates an error if the region resolution
> doesn't match the raster's native resolution). But it looks like I
> need to add a "pan" tool.

I've modified d.rast.edit to use two windows. The first displays the
entire map, overlaid with a rectangle showing the region to be edited,
while the second is the editing window.

I'd like comments as to whether this is ready to replace the existing
d.rast.edit. Currently, both are built, with the Tcl/Tk version going
into $GISBASE/scripts and the C version in $GISBASE/bin. As "bin"
comes before "scripts" in the path, the C version needs to be removed
or renamed in order for "d.rast.edit" to invoke the Tcl/Tk version.