[GRASS-dev] more v.neighbors methods

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Tue Mar 20 04:24:28 EDT 2007

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 08:11:04 +0100
Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder if v.neighbors could be extended somehow since
> r.neighbors, v.univar and others received a major cleanup
> in the past. Currently only "count" is there.

v.neighbors is essentially like the old potential mapping in SPANS
(before it was bought out by PCI and went away). However it had the
options to set formulas for rates of degradation from the centre as
well as allowance for different functions in areas of intersection. It
was quite useful. I think I can dig up some old documentation on this
if you care to look at it.

Trevor Wiens
twiens at interbaun.com

The significant problems that we face cannot be solved at the same
level of thinking we were at when we created them.
(Albert Einstein)