[GRASS-dev] Update of r.surf.idw to FP

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Mar 20 16:32:47 EDT 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 06:24:09PM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> > I have tried to update r.surf.idw to floating point:
> > http://mpa.itc.it/markus/tmp/rsurfidw.diff
> >
> > but I am not quite sure if this is efficient like this.
> > Currently it doesn't compile due to some "extern" magic
> > which I don't quite understand.
> > I have been inspired by r.example.
>
> The problem is that you have renamed some (but not all) occurrences of
> "cell" to "outrast", although the variable is still called "cell".

I see.
Thinking about it again: probably it is a waste of time.

Proposal:
- write a script to emulate r.surf.idw[2], calling
   - r.to.vect
   - v.surf.idw
- retire r.surf.idw and r.surf.idw2, substitute them by this script.

Since both r.surf.idw and r.surf.idw2 are half broken (r.surf.idw2 more
than the other) and v.surf.idw works, this might be the least cost path
for maintenance.

Markus