[GRASS-dev] new std options for files

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 02:19:25 EDT 2007

Hamish wrote:
> I've just added two new standard options for file input and output to
> the parser. Time to make distclean again, sorry. (added to the end of
> the list, so there shouldn't be as much weirdness this time)

as earlier mentioned* I'd like to change the Option struct to
rationalize the ->description and ->label parts.

currently, if a label is defined it becomes the description, and the
description becomes the tooltip. This is non-intuitive and inconsistent.

Proposed change: ->description is always the option description, and
->tooltip, if present, contains the tooltip. ->label is dropped.

Also in Flag and GModule structs.

Alternative (which I'm leaning towards):  keep ->label, just remove the
weirdness and make it always be the tooltip.

[*] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/16809

Hamish