[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASSGUI] changing data for parser

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 03:36:28 EDT 2007

Daniel Calvelo wrote:
> I've added guisection output to the XML generation in parser.c. While

(thanks)

> looking for other weirdnesses in the different output formats, I came
> across ->descriptions. So far, only --script makes use of them, and
> I've grepped through vector/ raster/ and scripts/ and found that only
> the following use it:
>
> v.category
> v.clean
> v.drape
> v.to.db
> r.colors
>
> For completeness sake, I would add ->descriptions handling in all of
> HTML (where I think it is the most useful), tcltk and xml output, but

that would be nice. The GUI programmer can decide what to do with it,
but the parser should make it available to them.

> I wonder... Is there any chance of ->descriptions being more used?
> Maybe add something in SUBMITTING and SUBMITTING_SCRIPTS?
>
> Thoughts?

before touching SUBMITTING, we need to clarify what to do with
->description, ->label, et al., see:
  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/19258

also, parser.c is a monster file. It would be nice if we could break it
up into a few smaller files (without adding more global variables).

Hamish