[GRASS-dev] Re: need gdal in path

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Mar 26 12:20:37 EDT 2007

On Mar 26, 2007, at 11:02 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

> There are scripts, like r.in.aster, that require gdal.

I knew subconciously that there was an r.in.aster, I just didn't
connect it with GDAL.

> And the GUI uses
> gdal_translate.

Oh.

> Perhaps the best thing would be to add a grass environmental variable
> GRASS_GDALPATH. This could be set by platform at runtime with
> init.sh along
> with other variables like GRASS_PROJSHARE. This is another one.
>
> I can set these in my .profile. But it is something that the binary
> needs to
> do at runtime for most folks if possible.

I'll add it back into the startup.

PS. re-cc'd to grass-dev - I think this is what you intended by using
the old grass5 address.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in
a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy