[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] Problem with slope modeling .

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 03:16:04 EDT 2007

Hamish:
> > - BUG: if profile ends outside of the raster map off in NULL-land,
> >   the totaldistance calculation is calculated to the end of the
> >   arrows, but the end of real data in the plot is stretched to the
> >   far right end regardless. e.g.: Zoom out so your raster is a
> >   postage stamp sized box in the middle, then make some profiles
> >   from map canvas corner to corner. The start of the data is
> >   positioned ok. Also it should break the plot at NULL data, not
> >   draw a line beween the last known good data either side of the
> >   NULLs.

fixed in CVS.
- allow nan elevations to contribute to the cum. dist.
- if a nan is encountered plot what we have so far & reset line array
- if a single point is found between two nans, draw a dot. (oval with
  radius 0 was the best way I could figure to do that)

I wonder if there is a way to only run r.profile once?

Michael:
> Still, there is not much use for a profile that goes off a map on
> purpose.

It applied to the profile ending over any null area.
e.g. if you drew a profile over "fields", if arrow ends over a null area
the rest of the plot was incorrectly stretched to the right bound of the
axes box. Now it should draw where it was supposed to, and raise/drop
the pen as needed.

H:
> > - it would be possible to add a title like "Profile for $mapname" at
> > the top of the profile. Is there demand for this? Better to have it
> > in the window title than on the plot itself?
M:
> added

thanks.

Is the font as huge for you as it is for me? -size 10,11,12 better?
(perhaps it's my config; same for bolddefault "Map Layers for Display 1"
and introfont text)

Hamish