[GRASS-dev] problems with mkftcap

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed May 2 21:32:17 EDT 2007

On May 2, 2007, at 8:17 PM, Hamish wrote:

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>>
>> Here's a small clip of the raw fc-list output:
>>
>> /System/Library/Fonts/Times.dfont: :index=0
>> /Library/Fonts/Arial Narrow: :index=0
>> /System/Library/Fonts/ヒラ゠゙ノ角ゴ Std W8.otf: :index=0
>> /System/Library/Fonts/Apple LiGothic Medium.dfont: :index=0
>> /Library/Fonts/Arial Rounded Bold: :index=0
>> /Library/Fonts/Times New Roman: :index=0
>> /Library/Fonts/Andale Mono: :index=0
>> /System/Library/Fonts/ZapfDingbats.dfont: :index=0
>> /System/Library/Fonts/Hei.dfont: :index=0
>>
>> Arial Narrow, Arial Rounded Bold, Times New Roman and Andale Mono
>> disappear after the sed.
>

> replace spaces in font names with underscores?

Not a good idea - if you mean renaming the font files.  These are
standard fonts supplied with OSX.  Renaming them can create possible
OS update problems.

If I take enough time to let my brain process the sed command, it
looks like it's something in:

\(.*\)\.\([^.]*\):

that is, the file extension is not optional.  Spaces are OK in that.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do
if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer,
I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy