[GRASS-dev] Can't get font face index to work

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu May 3 01:33:54 EDT 2007

On May 2, 2007, at 11:29 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

>> Actually, I expect using a name from the freetypecap file to
>> result in
>> the index being ignored. parse_freetypecap() strips the index so that
>> it can check for file existence, then returns the stripped version.
>
> This should now be fixed.

Progress!

These work (no warnings, and draw correct face):

Arial Narrow:/Library/Fonts/Arial Narrow:utf-8:
Times1:/System/Library/Fonts/Times.dfont|1:utf-8:

But these give the "WARNING: unable to open font map '...'":

Arial Narrow 0:/Library/Fonts/Arial Narrow|0:utf-8:
ArialNarrow0:/Library/Fonts/Arial Narrow|0:utf-8:
Times 1:/System/Library/Fonts/Times.dfont|1:utf-8:

There appear to be some <space> issues with specifying an index.

I haven't tried these by path.  Getting sleepy...

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.