[GRASS-dev] access to wingrass binaries

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon May 7 10:34:10 EDT 2007

On Mon, 7 May 2007, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> Any licensing issues concerning the ActiveState distribution that we have to
> take care of ?

I was thinking more along the lines of compiling Tcl/Tk from scratch on
MinGW and including our own binaries, or including the 8.4.1 MinGW
binaries that are available somewhere on the net.

> Thanks !
> I just uploaded a new version of the winGRASS binaries using your latest and
> greatest library package.

Does it all run OK? Things to check: Display modules not able to find the
libfreetype-6.dll, but moving it around a bit to whereever they seemed to
be looking fixed that. Also GDAL and GRASS seemed to be looking for the
libz dll under different names - AFAICR GRASS was libz.dll.1.2.3 and GDAL
libz.dll.1.2.3.dll! But these issues might have been resolved when you put
everything together in the GRASS library directory; I didn't really
investigate too much what was causing them.

Paul