[GRASS-dev] ps.map: raster always under vector map?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon May 7 12:18:43 EDT 2007

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 05:14:43PM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:
> I didn't add the landscape defintions because they're usually the
> wrong thing to do; e.g. gv doesn't offer landscape paper sizes (except
> for Ledger, which is always landscape), hardcopy typically requires an
> A3 printer (even then, most printers will assume that the document is
> portrait and rotate it, unless told otherwise).

Since I have no A3 printer here, I used 'poster' [1] to split the
ps.map output into a series of A4 sheets (the trick is that
'poster' wants EPS instead of PS). Apparently the a3-landscape
worked well to get a rather big map. But I didn't try with a3 paper.

Markus

[1] by Jos van Eijndhoven, from KDE print utils