[GRASS-dev] iconv a required dependency for using Freetype?

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon May 7 20:01:57 EDT 2007

On Sun, 6 May 2007, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Paul Kelly wrote:
>> On Sat, 5 May 2007, Glynn Clements wrote:
>>
>> I've attached a diff of a few more changes I'm considering making, mostly
>> relating to path and filename handling for Windows compatibility in
>>
>> lib/driver/Font.c, COM_Font_get():
>> * Cross-platform check for absolute path (new gislib function added)
>> * Check for pathname matching the GRASS stroke fonts made more robust by
>>    (a) First converting all directory separator characters to '/'
>>    (b) Doing a case-insensitive comparison
>
> That last point is probably safe, in that you're unlikely to have
> another directory which differs only in case on Unix.
>
> Although, in this case, I'd be inclined to simply remove the option to
> specify a stroke font using a full path. Personally, I doubt that this
> feature would ever be used.

I've done that now. Discovered that gis.m doesn't rely on this and strips
the path itself, so it should be safe. And removes a lot of ugly code too
which is good. So if an absolute path is supplied, it assumes it's a
Freetype-compatible font. An interim solution, but one which (along with
the new G_is_absolute_path() function) gets font selection working
on Windows.

Paul