[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.2.2 release candidate preparation

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue May 8 12:01:28 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote on 05/08/2007 05:08 PM:
> The only thing I can think of is if you want to backport the font selection
> utility I've added. If so, it should probably be backported as is right now.
> Currently, it uses a TclTk file browser to pick a font to use with
> GRASS_FONT. I am about to change this to a scrolling list control that will
> pick a font from the list generated by d.font -l.
>
> BUT, I don't think this new method will work with the rest of 6.2.2 because
> it needs recent updates to the font drivers and Glynn's new mkftcap script.
> So 6.2.2 should stick with the file selection approach.

I would prefer to not do that. At least not for 6.2.2.

> I also went through recently (several weeks back) and added catch clauses to
> all open and close statements to make the GUI more robust against crashing.
> This affected a large portion of the TclTk modules. I don't know if this was
> backported or not.

I don't know - I guess not. Looks like this list:
    * chart.tcl, gmtree.tcl, thematic.tcl: Improved error trapping by
      adding catch clauses to open and close statements

    * maplabels.tcl: Added catch clause to open and close statments for
      better error trapping. Update some other features.

    * mapprint.tcl, raster.tcl, tksys.tcl, vector.tcl: Improved error
      trapping by adding or enhancing catch clauses on open and close
      statements

    * georect.tcl: Added error traps (catch clauses) to open and close
      statements.  catch on close will print error to terminal
      (hopefully).

      Also fixed serious bug caused by new map at mapset syntax for maps
      in current mapset. This had broken georect completely.

    * gm.tcl, histogram.tcl, rastnums.tcl, runandoutput.tcl: Added
      error traps (catch clauses) to open and close statements.  catch
      on close will print error to terminal (hopefully).

    * rastnums.tcl: Added catch to close statement for better error
      trapping

    * georect.tcl: Added catch to close statement (following open
      g.region) for better error trapping

Markus