[GRASS-dev] Re: [grass-code I][394] scripts using g.message fail if message contains "="

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed May 9 04:29:45 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 07:43:27AM +0200, grass-codei at wald.intevation.org wrote:
> code I item #394, was opened at 2007-05-09 17:43
> Issue type: module bad feature
> Issue status: None
> GRASS version: CVS HEAD
> GRASS component: None
> Operating system: None
> Operating system version:
> GRASS CVS checkout date, if applies (YYMMDD):
>

> Initial Comment:
> Hi,
>
> this may be "user error", but g.message will fail if the message contains a "=" char and message= was not given. With message= the parser understands it ok.
>
> This is causing an error in a number of scripts. (I found it in wms.request)
>

> G63 > g.message "foo="
> Sorry, <foo> is not a valid parameter

I observed a similar problem in my new v.in.wfs script
(get from http://mpa.itc.it/markus/grass63/): The WFS URL is
disliked by g.parser. I worked around this with ugly hacks but
I think that we need a new parameter type which accepts chars
such as '=', '&' and so forth. I used file,file,file in v.in.wfs
but would prefer something else.

Markus