[GRASS-dev] [bug #5167] (grass) v.patch: -a(ppend) issues

Maciek Sieczka via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Wed May 9 16:06:52 EDT 2007

mneteler wrote (Wed, May 9 2007 21:29:19):

> If you try
>
> v.db.select map2
> ERROR: Database connection not defined
>
> you see that there is no DB connection. Why? Because v.random
> doesn't attach a table (use v.db.addtable for this).

Sorry but I don't get it. Why are you talking about a table? The "v.patch -a"
has nothing to do with it.

> The given v.patch command looks pretty unusual to me:
> - append to an existing map where you have to specify "overwrite"??
> Pretty counterintuitive!

Anyway, isn't that strange that the output of a valid command (according to
manual) is corrupted, so that GRASS can use it and QGIS can't, until v.build
is run on it?

I do realize that the command looks strange, but I thought this issue might be
and indicator of something wrong with v.patch.

> Closing,

Hmm.

Maciek