[GRASS-dev] r.what.color questions

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 20:44:28 EDT 2007

HB:
> >  format="%d:%d:%d|%s"
> > Segmentation fault   (and/or memory exposure)
> > ?
GC:
> Only by changing format= to use a list of built-in formats; analysing
> a format string isn't practical.

mhh. ok. I don't like to impose limits on what people can do, as it is
impossible to guess needs, but allowing the segfault isn't nice either.

> float 0.0-1.0 (but how many decimal places?).

3 decimal places give 1 part per thousand, which is higher resolution
than the 1/256 input. You may remember that some time ago we changed
ps.map output colors from 2 decimal places to three so we didn't lose
information.

> 2. Separator: none, comma, colon (others?)
>
> 3. R/G/B vs B/G/R.

I saw the reference to that in the man page, what uses BGR?

Is CMYK just a calculation or is it more involved? Would it be useful
for anything, or just a gimmick?

Hamish