[GRASS-dev] iconv a required dependency for using Freetype?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu May 10 07:15:48 EDT 2007

William Kyngesburye wrote:

> Postscript fonts - no worries there, if FreeType supports them,
> they're listed (I have a couple in my /Library/Fonts folder).

Any .pfa/.pfb files which are installed on the system are "FreeType"
fonts so far as the display architecture is concerned.

By "PostScript" fonts, I'm referring to fonts which don't necessarily
exist on the system but could be selected when using the PS driver.
These will typically be the fonts which are installed on your printer
(at least Times, Helvetica, Courier, Symbol, maybe some others).