[GRASS-dev] iconv a required dependency for using Freetype?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu May 10 13:27:33 EDT 2007

Paul Kelly wrote:

> > I've added R_font_list().
> >
> > This currently returns the list of fonts from the freetypecap file;
> > I'm not sure whether to extend it to include the stroke fonts, or
> > whether those will get added to freetypecap file soon.
>
> They're there now in the new fontcap file.
>
> > I've also changed "d.font -l" to use this function, so we don't have
> > to re-write multiple freetypecap parsers if the format changes.
>
> I added a structure to hold the information in the fontcap file to
> general/g.mkfontcap/local_proto.h - perhaps it should go somewhere more
> general to be shared with d.font.

It needs to be available to lib/driver; as the driver.h header file
isn't installed, I can only suggest graphics.h. Or into its own public
header <grass/fontcap.h> (it would need to be moved to either include
or lib/driver, so that it gets installed to $GISBASE/include before
lib/driver is compiled).

Also, can you update lib/driver/parse_ftcap.c to use the new file, and
change COM_Font_get() to use the type field (rather than the
$GISBASE/fonts heuristic) to determine stroke/freetype font.

Now that d.font no longer uses the freetypecap file, it's only
lib/driver which needs to understand the format.