[GRASS-dev] Re: error compiling nviz for Mac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu May 10 15:31:16 EDT 2007

On May 10, 2007, at 1:45 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> Today’s update from the cvs has a problem compiling nviz. It
> probably has to do with issues recently discussed on the developer
> list.
>
> Configure can no longer automatically find Open GL includes, even
> though Open GL is set to x11 and Open GL libs are specified. If I
> add a configure option for gl includes (/usr/X11R6/include) it
> configures fine.

It's odd.  I can't figure it out, since it still works for me - just
like in the example in the macosx readme.

> When we run make, there is an error compiling nviz. Going to the
> nviz directory and running make there produces the following error.

One problem I noticed with specifying opengl-includes, instead of x-
includes, is that NVIZ includes the X11 headers setting but not the
OpenGL headers setting.

EXTRA_INC = $(VECT_INC)
EXTRA_CFLAGS= $(TCLINCDIR) $(TKINCDIR) \
	$(INC) \
	$(TIFFINCPATH) $(FFMPEGINCPATH) $(DSPINC) \
	$(VECT_CFLAGS)

ifeq ($(OPENGL_X11),1)
EXTRA_CFLAGS += $(XCFLAGS)
endif

Even if you get opengl to work by changing this to add the opengl
includes, the X11 problem will still remain.  Somehow, the X11 check
in configure is failing for some Mac users, unless x-libraries and x-
headers are explicitly set.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy