[GRASS-dev] Re: error compiling nviz for Mac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu May 10 20:03:17 EDT 2007

I just added a note to the OSX readme example.  Basically, add to
configure line:

--x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib

The opengl-includes option may or may not be needed after this.

On May 10, 2007, at 5:57 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> The weird think is this same Mac G5 compiled GRASS just fine yesterday
> morning and bombed this afternoon. No change to the system in
> between times.
>
> Michael
>
> On 5/10/07 1:46 PM, "William Kyngesburye" <woklist at kyngchaos.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the clarification on that.  When I poked around in
>> configure to see how it checked for X11, I saw the list of dirs and
>> thought it just tested for the existence of certain files.  Instead
>> it's actually trying to run something.
>>
>> I don't know enough about X to say if something is getting messed up
>> with OSX's X11 setup.  But it sounds like it's not a direct GRASS
>> problem.  I'll add a note about that to the OSX readme configure
>> example.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy