[GRASS-dev] displaying more info automatically in the gui

Gerald Nelson gnelson at uiuc.edu
Thu May 10 22:42:09 EDT 2007

It seems like lots of beginning users and even some more experienced users have trouble dealing with issues arising in setting and changing region information. I'm wondering if there is someplace more information could be displayed automatically in the gui or somewhere else. I don't have a clear idea of what I'm suggesting but I'm going to be spending some quality time with the gui in the next few days and see if I can make more concrete suggestions.

I am working with version 6.3 from the cvs. Does gis.m get me the latest work by Michael, et. al or do I need to download something from a branch?

Thanks, Jerry
Gerald Nelson
Professor, Dept. of Agricultural and Consumer Economics
office: 217-333-6465
cell: 217-390-7888
315 Mumford Hall
1301 W. Gregory