[GRASS-dev] displaying more info automatically in the gui

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 00:40:09 EDT 2007

Gerald Nelson wrote:
> It seems like lots of beginning users and even some more experienced
> users have trouble dealing with issues arising in setting and changing
> region information. I'm wondering if there is someplace more
> information could be displayed automatically in the gui or somewhere
> else. I don't have a clear idea of what I'm suggesting but I'm going
> to be spending some quality time with the gui in the next few days and
> see if I can make more concrete suggestions.

the bottom of the GUI Map Display window gives you rows= cols= and res=
values, but not exact region bounds. (lack of space.. any suggestions
where to put that? expanding [+] list on that rows= cols= res= line?)

> I am working with version 6.3 from the cvs. Does gis.m get me the
> latest work by Michael, et. al or do I need to download something from
> a branch?

It gives you the latest of the mainstrem Tcl GUI, but not the
experimental next-gen wxPython GUI. for that see here:

  http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_GUI

Hamish