[GRASS-dev] Re: not quite there on fonts

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri May 11 14:41:45 EDT 2007

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Michael Barton wrote:

> GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE is set prior to rendering and unset immediately
> after. The reason is that it doesn't affect any command-line use of GRASS.

So you're saying if you start a Tcl application (e.g. gis.m) from a Unix
shell, and then set an environment variable within the Tcl application,
that the shell kind of inherits it backwards and commands run from there
will be affected by the changed environment? I didn't think of that - I
suppose it would be better if Tcl allowed you to specify environment
variables that applied only to it and commands spawned from it.

But I suppose anyway you can work around it in this case by setting
GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE before running d.font -l and unsetting it
afterwards.

Paul