[GRASS-dev] d.out.file now talks to the PostScript driver

Lorenzo Moretti lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
Tue May 15 11:23:27 EDT 2007

Hi Hamish

d.out.file is a very very useful script because it prints at high resolution...
but I have a problem: now I can only work via terminal. Example:

   g.region rast=slope -p
   d.mon gism
   d.rast slope
   d.vect streams type=area,line
   d.barscale at=0,94.5
   d.out.file spearfish_pic format=png size=800,600
   d.out.file spearfish_pic format=ps -r paper=a4

I have my ps file or png.
I have not use x0 terminal. I use new GIS Manager (in GRASS OS X - no
X11) and if I enter:

% d.mon -L

I have:

HTMLMAP         Create HTML Image Map          not running
PS              Create PS Map                  not running
ps1             Create PS Map                  not running
ps2             Create PS Map                  not running
ps3             Create PS Map                  not running
ps4             Create PS Map                  not running
ps5             Create PS Map                  not running
ps6             Create PS Map                  not running
ps7             Create PS Map                  not running
PNG             Create PNG Map                 not running
png1            Create PNG Map                 not running
png2            Create PNG Map                 not running
png3            Create PNG Map                 not running
png4            Create PNG Map                 not running
png5            Create PNG Map                 not running
png6            Create PNG Map                 not running
png7            Create PNG Map                 not running
gism            Create PNG Map for gis.m       not running

My GIS Manager works very well but it has not a selected monitor.

d.out.file has a GUI but how it can view all layers inside GIS Manager?

Thanks in advance

||      Lorenzo Moretti        e-mail: lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
||/|/|  ENEA ACS PROTIDR       Web: http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/
||   |  via Don Fiammelli, 2   FTP: ftp://ftpamb.bologna.enea.it/ (ris.)
~~~~~~  40128 BOLOGNA - ITALY  Ph: +39-0516098086  Fax: +39-0516098131
ENEA - Ente Nazionale per le Nuove Tecnologie, l'Energia e l'Ambiente
ENEA - The Italian Agency for New Technologies, Energy and the Environment