[GRASS-dev] standard input options messed up in current CVS

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue May 15 13:09:43 EDT 2007

Benjamin Ducke wrote:

> I just did another CVS update, made distclean, reconfigured, recompiled.
> Still the same problems.
>
> This is the dump of "v.out.ogr -help":
>
> Parameters:
>   output   Name for output vector map
>      cat   Feature type. Combination of types is not supported by all
> formats.
>            default: line,boundary
>      dsn   OGR output datasource name. For example:
>                 ESRI Shapefile: filename or directory for storage
>                 MapInfo File: filename or directory for storage
>   olayer   OGR layer name. If not specified, input name is used.
>                 ESRI Shapefile: shapefile name
>                 MapInfo File: mapinfo file name
>     cats   Category values
>            Example: 1,3,7-9,13
>   format   OGR format
> ESRI_Shapefile,MapInfo_File,TIGER,S57,DGN,Memory,CSV,GML,
>                     KML,
>            default: ESRI_Shapefile
>     dsco   OGR dataset creation option (format specific, NAME=VALUE)
>            default:
>      lco   OGR layer creation option (format specific, NAME=VALUE)
>            default:
>
> As you can see, "input" is missing, option "type" is called "cat", I
> don't get option "layer" anymore and option "cats" has been added
> instead. Pretty weird.
>
> In addition v.in.ogr now complains about not being able to find object
> "G_str_to_sql" in "libgrass_gis.6.3.cvs.dll".
>
> This is a MINGW compile, mind you.

Do you have a previous version of GRASS installed on the system?

It's possible that compilation could be picking that up. Check the
-I/-L flags in the make output; do any of those directories contain
GRASS headers/libraries?

Also, are you linking against a GDAL library which has GRASS support?
If so, that could cause the installed GRASS libraries to be used
regardless of where they're located (or gdal-config could be adding
switches which refer to the installed version).

If you regularly update GRASS from CVS, I strongly suggest having a
copy of GDAL which *doesn't* include GRASS support, to avoid clashes
between the version being compiled and the version which GDAL uses.