[GRASS-dev] Re: gis.m: font selection in module panels

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sun May 20 18:07:02 EDT 2007

On Sun, May 20, 2007 23:13, Michael Barton wrote:
> Real weird. See below
>

> On 5/20/07 6:27 AM, "Moritz Lennert" <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
>
>> Michael,
>>
>> Thanks for the font selection in the module panels, but I have the
>> following problem. I can select the font the first time, but when I try
>> open the font dialog a second time in the same panel, I get:
>>
>> can't read "env(GRASS_FONT)": no such variable
>> can't read "env(GRASS_FONT)": no such variable
>
> OK. GRASS_FONT is not set.
>
>>     while executing
>> "if {[info exists env(GRASS_FONT)] && $env(GRASS_FONT) != ""} {
>
> This is checking to see if GRASS_FONT is set or not. If not set, the
> clause
> if false and it should move to the else clause. It should not be raising
> an
> error.
>
> Try taking out the 2nd part of this clause && $env(GRASS_FONT) != "" and
> see
> what happens. The 2nd part is sort of redundant anyway.

Doesn't help.

But here is some more info:

1) This is under Windows (tiny detail I forgot to mention before ;-)

2) This does not happen if I start by setting a default font (Config->Set
default display font)

3) If I don't set a default font, I get the problems in several ways

  a) add text layer ; type some text ; display ; click on font selection
button
  b) add text layer ; type some text ; add second text layer ; type some
text; display
  c) idem for any combination of layers containing fonts (e.g. add one
barscale and one grid)

Hope this helps finding the problem.

Moritz