[GRASS-dev] GEM Wizard question

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Mon May 21 07:24:21 EDT 2007

As far as I am aware, there are only a few extensions that I have
created that actually make use of GEM, so far (sniff).
Most importantly, spatial predictive modelling (which includes a generic
Dempster-Shafer Theory framework for evidence-based modelling with
raster data) and some advanced viewshed modelling with cumulative
viewshed analysis. The newest version of GEM is already included in the
GRASS 6.3 CVS and the executable is called "gem6".

Everything can be downloaded here:
http://www.uni-kiel.de/ufg/ufg_BerDucke.htm (bottom of page).

However, I am currently hard at work migrating the code to Win32, doing
a lot of bugfixing, etc. which is all made more complicated by a number
of issues that currently exist in the Win32 version of GRASS (argh!).
So I cannot currently support these versions of my extensions, due to a
lack of time. As soon as the Win32 stuff has been smoothed out, I will
substantially update my code base, documentation etc.!

There is also a pretty flexible territorial modelling tools in the pipeline.

Best,

Benjamin

Yann wrote:
> A last question:
>
> Which Extensions are GEM "certified" so far and where can we download them?
>
> thanks
> Yann
>
> On Monday 21 May 2007 17:36, Benjamin Ducke wrote:
>> No, I don't have a version of GRASS that support wxPython and the new
>> GUI, yet. Just never had the time to get that new stuff running.
>> I am waiting for the wxPython stuff to stabilize and reach beta level,
>> before I put lots of time into doing this. Right now, it's hard for me
>> to judge where the new GUI is headed and what would be the best way to
>> integrate GEM-generated menus ...
>>
>> Yann wrote:
>>> Ben,
>>>
>>> is GEM installing "Xtns" in wxPython GUI?
>>>
>>> Yann

Benjamin Ducke, M.A.
Archäoinformatik
(Archaeoinformation Science)
Institut für Ur- und Frühgeschichte
(Inst. of Prehistoric and Historic Archaeology)
Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
Johanna-Mestorf-Straße 2-6
D 24098 Kiel
Germany