[GRASS-dev] Re: diff to start wingrass with GUI + com.exe terminal [was: Re: [winGRASS] (no subject)]

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon May 21 11:23:35 EDT 2007

On 5/21/07 4:38 AM, "Moritz Lennert" <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> I think we will have to wait for wxgrass to get a serious integrated
> CLI...until then for me a separate CLI is a must.

Currently, there is a CLI where you can type any GRASS command (except a d.*
command) or any shell command and get the result in the output window.

d.* commands are currently blocked because they need to be processed into
the display canvas. That was working, but was broken in updates this year.
Needs to be fixed.

AFAIK, interactive shell commands do not work. This would require a full
terminal. This could be done, but there are pros and cons to doing so.

Beyond an interactive terminal, what would a 'serious integrated CLI'
entail?

Michael

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University