[GRASS-dev] Re: diff to start wingrass with GUI + com.exe terminal [was: Re: [winGRASS] (no subject)]

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon May 21 15:52:39 EDT 2007

On Mon, May 21, 2007 17:23, Michael Barton wrote:

> On 5/21/07 4:38 AM, "Moritz Lennert" <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
>
>> I think we will have to wait for wxgrass to get a serious integrated
>> CLI...until then for me a separate CLI is a must.
>>

> Beyond an interactive terminal, what would a 'serious integrated CLI'
> entail?

Scripting, i.e. a certain level of programming instructions which allow
you to combine different grass commands with other shell commands.
Something which when it becomes really ripe and useful can become a grass
script à la d.vect.thematic, but which many people just homecook to use
for their own convenience.

Moritz