[GRASS-dev] GRASS and QGIS on Win32, testing etc.

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon May 21 17:56:15 EDT 2007

On Mon, May 21, 2007 13:58, Benjamin Ducke wrote:

> 1. The DBF driver deadlocks randomly!
> Any GRASS module that needs to access the attribute table (DBF format)
> of a vector map is prone to this: E.g. I tried running v.out.ogr on a
> map with ca. 3000 points repeatedly. Out of ten runs, 2 or 3 deadlock at
> a random point. The task manager shows that v.out.ogr is sleeping with
> 0% CPU.

I can reproduce this, both with your location and in spearfish. And at
first glance, it really does appear random. The only thing that I think I
noticed, was that it happens more often when the machine is busy with
something else. My first very wild guess would be something system
resources, but as I said, this is very wild.

Glynn, any hints as to where I should begin searching ?

> Sometimes, I also get random "DBMI protocol errors". The only thing that
> helps is to stop and restart the module, hoping that it will finish this
> time. Quite annoying. I tested this with several different versions of
> QGIS, Windows (XP, 2000) and with different datasets on different PCs:
> always the same problem.

I only managed once to get a DBMI protocol error.

Moritz