[GRASS-dev] [bug #2969] can wxPython GUI handle order of options for v.type and alike?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 01:27:15 EDT 2007

> Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> > I was wondering if the wxPython GUI is going to deal with problems
> > the tcl/tk GUI can't - when there is a set of pre-defined parameters
> > to choose from and the user should be able to decide about the order
> > of them.
> >
> > An example is v.type [1], for which in the tcl/tk GUI you can
> > specify the order of types only one way, eg. 'type=point,centroid',
> > but 'type=centroid,point' is impossible to achieve.
> >
> > [1]http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2969

Hamish:
> maybe use a wrapper script that has the possible combinations as
> flags?
>
> [ ] point -> centroid
> [*] centroid -> point
> [ ] line -> boundary
> [ ] boundary -> line
>
> standy by.. I'll write one.

gui/tcltk/gis.m/script/v.type.sh

added in 6.3cvs + Tcl gui menu updated. I'll backport to 6.2 if others
report success. The help page link disappears, but the v.type help
page isn't much to read anyway. Uses /bin/sh, so not for native Windows.

to keep the option list short, point->kernel etc. are not supported
directly, you have to go point->centroid, centroid->kernel.

I notice a small bug in the GUI module window. After selecting an item
from a pulldown list, it doesn't visually update the command line string
along the bottom until you click something else. Clicking [Run] or
[Copy] updates it, so no functional error, but it would be nice if that
could be refreshed by the menu selection process.  (tcl tk 8.3)

Hamish