[GRASS-dev] trying to test error trapping for invalid gisdbase, location, and mapset

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue May 29 19:42:41 EDT 2007

On May 29, 2007, at 6:26 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> I get an error message and no GUI for gisdbase selection on my old
> G4 in the
> lab.
>
> I get an error message and no GUI for gisdbase selection on my
> relatively
> new Intel Mac laptop
>
> I get an error message, but ALSO GET A GUI for gisdbase selection
> on my G5
> desktop (ca. 2 years old). All are uptodate with software and running
> current versions of GRASS 6.3.

Which version of OSX (for the G4 and G5)?  All 10.4.9?

> Here is what I get on the G5--which is what everyone ought to get.
>
> ============
>
> Set an invalid gisdbase in .grassrc6
>
> Start with tcltk interface
>
> Terminal:
> ERROR: LOCATION << /Users/Shared/grassdata9/spearfish60_test >> not
>        available
>
> TclTk warning box:
> "WARNING: Invalid Database
> Warning Invalid database. Finding first valid directory in parent
> tree"
>
> Click OK
>
> TclTk warning box
> "WARNING:     invalid location
> Warning: location <locname> at GISDBASE <gisdbase> is not a
> directory or
> does not exist.
>
> Click OK
>
> Choose valid gisdbase, location, and mapset from TclTk GUI
>
> Start GRASS OK.

Yep, that's what I get.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in
a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy