[GRASS-dev] 6.2.2 RC1, Mac .app compilation, & Tcl/Tk

Agustin Diez Castillo Agustin.Diez at uv.es
Wed May 30 10:13:16 EDT 2007

I have been testing William's instructions step by step and now they
are working for me. What I do is after make distclean, I configure
with that (I need to export NAD2BIN and CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS and LDFLAGS
but this is in William's readme.
export NAD2BIN=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/Programs/nad2bin;
export CFLAGS="-arch ppc -arch i386 -g -O3"; export CXXFLAGS="-arch
ppc -arch i386"; export LDFLAGS="-arch ppc -arch i386 ./configure --
prefix=/Applications --enable-sysv --with-freetype-libs=/Library/
Frameworks/FreeType.framework/unix/lib --with-freetype-includes=/
Library/Frameworks/FreeType.framework/unix/include --with-tcltk-
includes=/usr/local/tcltk/include --with-tcltk-libs=/usr/local/tcltk/
lib --with-gdal=/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/unix/bin/gdal-
config --with-proj-share=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/Resources/
proj --with-proj-includes=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/unix/
include --with-proj-libs=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/unix/lib
--with-x --with-cxx --without-glw --without-motif --without-odbc --
enable-macosx-app --enable-shared --with-postgres-includes=/usr/local/
pgsql/include --with-postgres-libs=/usr/local/pgsql/lib --with-tiff-
libs=/Library/Frameworks/UnixImageIO.framework/unix/lib --with-tiff-
includes=/Library/Frameworks/UnixImageIO.framework/unix/include --
with-png-libs=/Library/Frameworks/UnixImageIO.framework/unix/lib --
with-png-includes=/Library/Frameworks/UnixImageIO.framework/unix/
include --with-jpeg-includes=/Library/Frameworks/
UnixImageIO.framework/unix/include --with-jpeg-libs=/Library/
Frameworks/UnixImageIO.framework/unix/lib --with-fftw-includes=/
Library/Frameworks/FFTW3.framework/unix/include --with-fftw-libs=/
Library/Frameworks/FFTW3.framework/unix/lib --with-opengl=x11 --with-
opengl-includes=/usr/X11R6/include --with-opengl-libs=/usr/X11R6/lib
--with-python --with-curses --enable-largefile --x-includes=/usr/
X11R6/include --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib
make
and later,
make bindist
So I got an universal installer that is working fine in a few Macs now.
Agustin

PD Some comments already on the list

> Thanks to William nviz is working now on my macintel, latest
> grass6.3 compilation.
>
> On May 17, 2007, at 8:54 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>

>> Add these symlinks:
>>
>> sudo ln -s libtcl8.4.dylib /usr/local/tcltk/lib/libtcl.dylib
>> sudo ln -s libtk8.4.dylib /usr/local/tcltk/lib/libtk.dylib

What he said.  Long explanation:

It appears that the standard TclTk build doesn't create those
symlinks.  So, while you specify the correct dir and configure finds
it, the linker doesn't and falls back to the system tcltk, which
causes NVIZ to crash (older Aqua tcltk).

(I had partially fixed this on my Mac a while back and forgot about
it, and it's been working for me.)

I added the sylink step to the TclTk build instructions in the OSX
readme.  Hopefully this will take care of the mysterious OSX NVIZ
problems many people have been having.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/